The points presented below are substantial so far as the difference between e-commerce and e-business is concerned:
- Buying and Selling of goods and services through the internet is known as e-commerce. Unlike e-business, which is an electronic presence of a business, by which all the business activities are conducted through the internet.
- e-commerce is a major component of e-business.
- e-commerce includes transactions that are related to money, but e-business includes monetary as well as allied activities.
- e-commerce has an extroverted approach that covers customers, suppliers, distributors, etc. On the other hand, e-business has an ambivert approach that covers internal as well as external processes.
- e-commerce requires a website that can represent the business. Conversely, e-business requires a website, Customer Relationship Management and Enterprise Resource Planning for running the business over the internet.
- e-commerce uses the internet to connect with the rest of the world. In contrast to e-business, the internet, intranet, and extranet are used for connecting with the parties.
Difference Between E-Commerce and E-Business
|BASIS FOR COMPARISON||E-COMMERCE||E-BUSINESS|
|Meaning:||Trading of merchandise, over the internet, is known as E-commerce.||Running a business using the internet is known as E-business.|
|What is it?||Subset||Superset|
|Is it limited to monetary transactions?||Yes||No|
|What they carry out?||Commercial transactions||Business transactions|
|Requirement:||Website||Website, CRM, ERP, etc.|
|Which network is used?||Internet||Internet, Intranet, and Extranet.|